Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Interchangeable Salmon Ladder begins: Part 2


So a few days later I put a little paint on to make it stand out and go to install this new little beast for its first test runs and make sure it can stand the abuse.

Things I like about this design so far.
  1. It can be carried and transported, each beam weighs about 12-15lbs(w rungs) so if you want to take it to a friends and strap/screw it down you can.
  2. The rungs are straight forward and simple to construct, therefore easier to replace if broken.
  3. Varied gap distances can be changed in a matter of seconds weather you want to make a 6", 12", 18" or 36" gap! :o


It was about 90+ degrees out when I first test the ICSL. All rungs were set to a 12" gap. An the bar felt about 100 degrees hot on touching it. If you watch the video you see after the my first leap I fail me second this is due to a flaw in the current design.


The 4" spaces inbetween rungs were splitting due to the pressure when swinging, leaping, and landing on the . rung.  This was causing the  rungs to slip and actually drop about 1-2" and sliding out. Not good! So I've come up with a new modification to add to the design to make it stronger and hopefully should do the trick. I will need to cut all new rungs though :/ Thank God they are all fairly easy to make though unlike the Koi Rungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment